Livestock farming is a complex and challenging industry that requires constant monitoring and management. Drones have become increasingly popular in agriculture, as they can provide farmers with valuable insights into their livestock and infrastructure.
DJI is a leading manufacturer of drones, and their Mavic 3 Enterprise (M3E) and M30 Series are two popular, off-the-self options for livestock farming. In this article, we will highlight the benefits of these drones and compare their tech aspects and differences.
When combining BeeFree agro's technology with these drones - they become a powerful tool with unimaginable capabilities.
Here are a few of these Highlights:
1. Tracking and Counting Livestock: Combined with BeeFree agro's platform, drones can monitor and track livestock movements, making locating lost or stray animals easier. Additionally, the ability to quickly count livestock provides better management insights.
2. Reduce the Need for Ground Personnel: By using drones, farmers reduce the need for feet on the ground. Our platform enables drones to perform tasks such as herding and surveillance, reducing the risk of startling livestock and improving efficiency.
3. Efficiency and Time Savings: Our unique algorithm allows drones to cover large areas quickly, saving farmers time and effort. They can perform tasks such as monitoring livestock and checking on infrastructure efficiently.
4. Improved Security: Thermal drones can help identify trespassers on the farm, Paired with Beefree agro's security features, farmers are provided with an additional layer of oversight and monitoring, ensuring the safety of livestock and property even at night.
5. Enhanced Data and Planning: Beefree agro's management console provides farmers with access to large data pools, enabling precision farming and better planning.
DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise
The DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise is a compact, lightweight drone ideal for livestock work. It is equipped with a high-resolution camera that can capture high-quality images and videos. The drone has a flight time of up to 46 minutes, which is longer than most drones in its class. The Mavic 3 Enterprise is also semi-weather-resistant, which makes it suitable for use in harsh environments. it also Offers a range of cameras, including a mechanical shutter camera, thermal and multispectral.
DJI M30 Series
The DJI M30 Series is a more powerful drone that is designed for more demanding applications. It is weather-resistant and can withstand harsh environments. The drone is equipped with a 30x optical zoom camera that can capture high-quality images and videos from a distance and a thermal camera.
Using Beefree agro's solution for livestock farming, the DJI Mavic 3 can scan areas of up to 1.5 sqkm with a single battery. should the mission require to cover a larger area - the drone will know to return on time and ask for a battery swap. The M30 will scan an area of 1.1 km² with one battery.
Working at night:
Both the M3E and the M30 have a thermal version making them powerful tools for working after dark. Drones equipped with thermal imaging capability can detect injured or sick animals, intruders, or trespassers, and provide key insights into after-dark animal behavior. The thermal sensor could potentially help identify sick animals, allowing farmers to take prompt action and provide necessary care
• Camera: The Mavic 3 Enterprise is equipped with a 20-megapixel camera, while the M30 Series has a 30x optical zoom camera.
•Flight Time: The Mavic 3 Enterprise has a flight time of up to 46 minutes, while the M30 Series has a flight time of up to 36 minutes.
• Size: The Mavic 3 Enterprise is more compact and lightweight than the M30 Series.
•Price: The Mavic 3 Enterprise is less expensive than the M30 Series and has an entry price of under $4000 USD. The M30 will be closer to $8000 USD.
The Final Score
In conclusion, both the DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise and M30 Series are excellent drones for livestock farming. The Mavic 3 Enterprise is a more compact and lightweight option that is ideal for monitoring livestock and infrastructure. The M30 Series is a more powerful drone that is designed for more demanding applications, We would recommend the M30 for operations that rely on daily usage of the drone and areas that might be affected by challenging weather. The choice between the two drones depends on the specific needs of the farmer, including budget and use case.